TikTok Analytics is probably one of the most important tabs that TikTok creators and marketers must frequently check. It offers insight into practical information, for example, the number of followers, the profile overview, and video analytics. However, it is not easy for beginners to understand it right the first time opening it. For years of being TikTok agency, Mega Digital will give up a full guideline about it.
Table of Contents
What is TikTok Analytics?
TikTok Analytics is a feature that allows you to track the performance of your content on the platform. With these analytics, you can gain insights into everything from how many people are viewing your videos to how long they are watching them for. You can also track metrics like engagement, follower growth, and audience demographics.
TikTok analytics work by collecting data about your content and presenting it in an easy-to-understand format. When you post a video on TikTok, the platform tracks a wide range of metrics, including views, likes, comments, shares, and more. This data is then aggregated and presented to you in the form of analytics.
This feature is available to all TikTok users, no matter TikTok business account or creator account. What’s more, it is completely free!
How to see TikTok Analytics?
For the mobile version:
- Go to your profile.
- In the top right corner, open the Settings and privacy tab
- Under Account, click the Creator Tools tab.
- From there, choose Analytics.
For the desktop version:
- Log in to your TikTok account.
- Click on the photo of your profile in the upper right corner.
- Select View Analytics.
Note: If you want to download your data from TikTok Analytics, you must access this from the desktop dashboard.
Categories on TikTok analytics
The TikTok Analytics page is organized into four main categories: Overview, Content, Followers, and Live, each of which servers for a specific purpose.
TikTok Overview analytics
In the Overview section, it demonstrates follower growth, video views, profile views, likes, comments, and shares for the previous 7, 28, or 60 days, or you can choose a custom date range up to 60 days.
TikTok analytics overview also includes the index of engagement and followers.
You can use the overview’s engagement section to measure likes, shares, and comments to help you better understand your video performance.
For more detailed information and metrics of each video, explore the Content tab.
TikTok Content analytics
You may see data related to total views, total likes, comments, shares, average watch time, watched whole video, TikTok analytics traffic source type, and audience territories, all are available here. All content analytics are only accessible for the previous 7 days, in order of newest to oldest.
TikTok Follower analytics
The Followers tab displays information about the TikTok community you’ve created. This contains statistics such as your audience’s location and gender, the times of day or week when they are most active on TikTok, and the change in follower growth over the previous period. You can see personal profile TikTok analytics (your profile views) by scrolling beyond the Follower’s graph and switching between a 7-day and 28-day view.
TikTok Live analytics
This tab illustrates information about live videos you’ve hosted in the recent week or month (7 or 28 days). These data include your follower count, the amount of time you’ve spent for live-streaming, and the number of Diamonds you’ve received.
Understand TikTok Analytics metrics
Overview tab metrics
The Overview tab contains the following metrics:
- Video views: The total amount of times your account’s videos were seen in a specific time period.
- Profile views: The number of times your profile was viewed during the specified time frame. This TikTok indicator is an excellent predictor of brand interest. It counts the number of individuals who enjoyed your video enough to look up your profile, or who are interested in seeing what your brand is up to on the site.
- Likes: The number of likes your videos received during the specified time period.
- Comments: The number of comments your videos received during the specified time period.
- Shares: The number of times your videos were shared during the specified time period.
- Followers: The total number of TikTok users who follow your account, as well as how that number has changed throughout the given time period.
- Content: The number of videos you’ve shared in the specified time frame.
- LIVE: The number of live videos you’ve hosted in the specified time frame.
Content tab metrics
- Trending videos: Displays the top nine videos in terms of the quickest viewership increase over the last seven days.
- Total video views: The total number of times a TikTok video has been seen.
- A post’s total like count: The number of likes a post has received.
- The total number of comments: The total number of comments on a post.
- The total number of shares: The total number of times the post has been shared.
- Average watch time: The length of time people spent watching your video on average. This will give you an idea of how well you managed to keep your attention.
- Total play time: A total of how long people have spent watching your video. The play time of a single post does not tell much on its own, but it may be compared to the performance of other posts to estimate your account’s average total playtime.
- Watch full video: The number of times the video has been seen in its entirety.
- Reached audience: The total number of users who have watched your TikTok video.
- Video views by section: Where your post’s traffic is coming from. The For You feed, your profile, the Following feed, sounds, searches, and hashtags are all sources of traffic. If you’re utilizing hashtags or music to increase your visibility, this is where you’ll see how effective they were.
- Video views by region: This section reveals the top viewing locations for the post. This is also a suggestion for you to create a post or marketing campaign for a certain location.
Followers tab metrics
To understand more about your audience, you should go to the Followers tab. You can examine your followers’ interests in addition to vital audience demographic metrics, making this part a wonderful source of content ideas.
- Gender: This section displays the gender breakdown of your followers. If you’re content with your niche, you should stick with it.
- Top territories: The country your followers come from. Keep these locations in mind if you want to localize your content and promotions. There is a maximum of five countries listed in this section.
- Follower activity: This shows you when and how often your followers are active on TikTok. Look for times when activity is typically high and post frequently during that time period.
- Videos your followers watched: This gives you an idea of the most popular material among your followers. Keep an eye on this section to see if it stimulates any content ideas.
- Sounds your followers listened to: TikTok trends are frequently highlighted by audio tracks, thus, check out the top sounds your followers have listened to and see what’s popular. TikTok trends change quickly, so if you utilize these findings for inspiration, be prepared for a speedy turnaround.
Consider developing content with a greater appeal if you want to build your audience (and see more activity in the Followers tab). Consider influencer marketing and collaborating with relevant creatives to obtain awareness in various communities.
Live tab metrics
- Total views: The total number of viewers who watched your live videos throughout the specified date range.
- Total time: The total amount of time you spent hosting live videos throughout the specified date range.
- New followers: The number of new followers you earned while hosting a live video within the specified time period.
- Top viewer count: The number of viewers who watched your live video at the same moment throughout the specified date range.
- Unique viewers: The quantity of users who viewed your live video at least once (in this stat, a viewer is only counted once, even if they replay the video many times).
- Diamonds: When you broadcast a live stream (and you’re 18 or older), viewers can send you virtual presents such as Diamonds. TikTok allows you to swap these gems for actual money. This statistic displays the number of diamonds you have earned within the specified time period.
Other TikTok Analytics metrics
You can search for the hashtag in the Discover tab to see how many views it has received. The Top tab will display an overview of the search results. You’ll be able to check the number of views, relevant hashtags, and some of the most popular videos that use the tag from there.
You can see a grand total of the number of likes you’ve received on all of your TikTok content from your TikTok profile. This TikTok measure could be utilized to get an idea of average engagement.
TikTok engagement rates
There are various methods for calculating social media engagement rates, and TikTok is no exception. The two most common formulas are used as follows:
Because like and comment numbers are shown on the platform, you can conveniently compare your TikTok analytics to those of other accounts. Or, before collaborating with an influencer, you should research their engagement rates. This is a simple method for making money on TikTok.
Average engagement estimate
Try the following for a quick assessment of an account’s average engagement.
- Click Likes to view the overall number of Likes on a profile.
- Count the number of videos that have been posted.
- Divide the number of likes by the number of videos.
- Divide this figure by the total number of followers on the account.
- Multiply by 100.
Remember that besides likes, most engagement rate formulas involve comments, hence, this result is for reference only. However, because counting overall comment totals takes time, this formula can be used to quickly compare accounts in-house.
FAQs about TikTok Analytics
Getting the hang of TikTok Analytics is an essential steps, helping you closely follow the performance of your videos. If you are wanting to enhance this matter for developing your personal identity or doing business on this platform, consider TikTok advertisement effective ways. Take a look at this article to consider whether it worth-trying.