Your campaign was well-received and got a significant increase in website traffic and sales when it suddenly notified ‘your account has been suspended’. In this case, how would you react? This is a common issue for many TikTok advertisers, yet there are no warning signs. As a result, it is critical to determine the cause of the suspension and take appropriate action to resolve the problem. So, if you don’t want to get your TikTok ads account suspended, read this now!
Table of Contents
Why is your TikTok ad account suspended?
If your TikTok ad account has been suspended, it’s usually because of a repeated offense. At this time, TikTok Ads Manager will notify you “your account has been suspended” or your advertising status will show “suspended,” which signifies that all your running ads will be paused, regardless of their performance.
There are a few reasons that can lead to the suspended stage:
- Ads policy violations
- Users’ reports
- Brand Piracy
- Spam/Unusual Behaviours
- Landing page issues
- Payment issue
1. Ads Policy Violations
Usually, TikTok ad accounts are suspended due to policy violations about:
- Products or services
- Ad creatives
TikTok has strict regulations on the types of products appearing on this platform. So, advertisers and businesses need to keep a few things in mind to avoid getting banned by violating these TikTok policies.
Prohibited products or services:
- Animals and animal parts
- Adult sexual products, services, and entertainment
- Casinos and gambling games
- Cigarettes and tobacco products
- Counterfeiting and intellectual property violation
- Drugs and paraphernalia
- Police/military supplies and equipment
- Political issue
- Unacceptable Business Practices like unwarranted claims, forgery, identity theft,…
- Inappropriate Businesses, Products, or Services like abortion, funeral, hazardous chemical products, pre-natal sex determination,…
- Weaponry and weapon items
The first time you try to advertise a prohibited product or service, TikTok may simply send you a notice and your account will be flagged. However, on subsequent violations, your ad campaign will not be approved, ads will be blocked, and your account will be banned.
Ad creative violations
Common mistakes that many advertisers and businesses make to cause content violations:
- Spelling, language, and ad Text related errors
- Sensitive images
- Before-After state comparison
- Exaggerating product use/features
- Using images/logos/video that violates trademark & copyright policies
- Blurry, unclear images
- Cut out text that leads to misinformation
- Information error
- Landing Page error
- Error using hashtags in Spark Ads
- Malicious behaviors or intent in ad creation
If malicious behaviors or intent are suspected during ad creation, TikTok can also suspend your account immediately. Depending on the severity and frequency of the violations, your ad account may be flagged, partially restricted, or disabled. Check out our TikTok Ad Review checklist to avoid getting ad accounts suspended.
2. Users’ reports
TikTok relies on user reports to identify and address any violations of its policies, including those related to advertising. Users can report ads that they find inappropriate or offensive, and TikTok may review these reports and take action if necessary.
If TikTok receives multiple user reports about a specific ad or advertiser, they may investigate and review the ad content and the advertiser’s account. If they find that the advertiser has violated any of TikTok’s advertising policies, they may suspend or ban the advertiser’s account.
3. Brand Piracy
Brand piracy refers to using a brand’s intellectual property, such as trademarks or copyrighted materials, without the brand owner’s permission. Specifically, containing images of logos, labels, text content, or landing pages containing the names of famous foreign brands in the market (Adidas, Nike, Puma,….).
4. Spam/Unusual Behaviors
One of the most concerning actions that cause suspension is when ads engage in suspicious and unusual behavior to gain an advantage over competitors. There are multiple actions that TikTok identifies as ‘unusual behavior’ like:
- Spamming: Posting the same ad multiple times on the same platform or creating multiple accounts to post the same ad on different accounts or channels.
- Fake engagement: Paying for fake likes, comments, and shares to create an artificial boost in engagement for an ad.
- Inappropriate targeting: Targeting ads toward groups that are not relevant to the ad content, such as targeting children with inappropriate or adult-themed ads.
These behaviors not only violate ethical and legal standards but can also harm an advertiser’s reputation and diminish the effectiveness of their advertising efforts.
5. Landing page issue
Advertisers tamper with or change the landing page, which is not consistent with the content or violates TikTok policies after the ads start to deliver.
TikTok often strictly censors landing pages (Landing Pages) during advertising. If the landing page you choose to advertise on violates one of the following errors:
- Non-functional landing page:
The landing page is out of date, under construction, has misleading or false information, is not mobile-friendly for the user, or automatically downloads documents to users’ phones, etc.
- Landing page containing prohibited content:
Including restricted/prohibited products, words, and images that violated TikTok’s policies, such as nudity, hate speech, or violence.
- Lack information:
Landing Pages that collect sensitive personal information will not be approved by TikTok. This information includes personal identification, financial insurance, network identity, biometrics, and medical health.
If you violate the advertising policy for the TikTok Ads landing page, your account will be flagged before getting suspended.
6. Payment issue
Some common payment issues that can lead to account suspension include:
- Insufficient funds: If your account balance is too low, your ads may be paused, and your account may be suspended until you add more funds.
- Payment method decline: The problem of unsuccessful ads payment can happen if your credit card has expired or if there is an issue with your billing information. To avoid this issue, make sure to keep your payment information up-to-date and ensure that your billing information is correct.
- Suspicious activity: TikTok may suspend your account if they detect suspicious activity, such as fraud or a high chargeback rate. So, advertisers should only use legitimate payment methods and avoid any activity that could be perceived as fraudulent. If your account is suspended due to suspicious activity, you must work with TikTok’s support team to investigate and resolve any issues.
In general, to prevent payment issues from occurring, it’s important to monitor your account activity closely, keep your payment information up-to-date, and ensure that there are sufficient funds in your account to cover the cost of your ads.
What happened when your TikTok Ad Account was suspended?
- All advertising associated with the suspended ad account will be removed. After the account suspension is lifted, these adverts can be reactivated.
- Suspended ad accounts are unable to change their account information.
- Suspended accounts cannot be used to create new ad accounts, contribute money to existing ad accounts, or withdraw money from the suspended account.
How to unsuspend a TikTok Ad account?
There are two ways to unsuspend your TikTok ads account, which are:
- Submit a support ticket to the TikTok Customer Support System
- Contact with Mega Digital – TikTok agency
With TikTok Suspension Appeal
TikTok offers a customer support system that businesses can contact if their advertising account has been suspended. TikTok advertisers can appeal the suspension, and TikTok staff will either reconsider the decision or ask to make modifications so that the ads comply with TikTok ad policy.
- Step 1: Access TikTok Ad Manager.
- Step 2: On the upper right side of the Dashboard, click on Question Mark and select Customer Support.
- Step 3: Click on Account Review to see the options.
- Step 4: Click on the Ads Account Suspension Appeal
- Step 5: Fill in the required information and then Submit to appeal your suspension. Typically, the user will receive a response to the appeal within a few business days.
You should submit the appeal ticket as soon as possible because appeals filed 180 days after the account has been suspended are usually not evaluated by TikTok. The time limit for appealing the suspension may be extended in certain exceptional circumstances.
TikTok advises users not to register new advertising accounts because when the ticket is opened to appeal, the account suspension is not resolved. The process of assessing the appeal against suspension will be impacted if you create a new account.
With TikTok Ad Agency Account
To avoid having your TikTok ads account suspended next time is to use an agency account distributed by TikTok agency – Mega Digital. Our experts will not only help you to:
- Get your account back faster while working directly with TikTok Support System.
- Reallocate funds from your suspended account to the active one.
Therefore, this is the best approach for marketers to continue operating advertisements without having to resume their suspension.
If this mistake persists on your ad agency account again, it will be easier for Mega Digital to contact the TikTok support team directly and get your account back within 12 to 24 hours.
Get Mega Digital’s optimal tips!
Mega Digital advises you to be aware that TikTok is currently implementing strict scanning measures, so it’s important to take certain precautions to prevent account suspension. To do this, you should modify your creative content, and if your domain has been suspended, change your browser.
When running ad campaigns, starting with one campaign, one ad group, and two to three distinct creatives is recommended. This will help you avoid account suspension. After three days, you can create one or two more campaigns with two or three ad groups and videos. It’s important to avoid duplicating or altering any campaigns to ensure that they remain steady.
By following these guidelines, you can ensure that your campaigns comply with TikTok’s advertising policies and avoid any issues that could lead to account suspension. Remember to review TikTok’s policies thoroughly and regularly to ensure your campaigns remain compliant.
It’s important that the advertiser reviews the TikTok terms and conditions before starting campaigns to avoid getting the TikTok ads account suspended or banned. Remember to change the creative ideally 1x every 7 days or minimally 1x every 2 weeks for better results and improved delivery rate. Don’t let these issues hinder your project, and contact us if you need support for your advertising campaigns!