TikTok is the most popular short video platform in the world. This social networking platform has over 2.6 billion downloads and 1 billion active monthly users. As a video creation platform, since it was launched, TikTok is also a place for Gen Z and Millennials to reveal their creativity to an advertising and marketing haven. We have shared about TikTok Ads in the previous blog, and today we will dig into how to promote TikTok videos from the basics.
Table of Contents
How to promote on TikTok for beginners?
There are 4 basic ways that you can use to promote your business on TikTok, which are:
- Ads campaigns
- Promotion tool
- Spark Ads
Setting up an Ad campaign on TikTok is quite simple if you have experience advertising on other platforms. TikTok Ads can be categorized into 3 types based on their positions in the app:
- Brand Takeover: When customers first open the app
- Top-view Ads: In the For You feed (FYP), as the opening video
- In-Feed Ads: In the For You feed, among other regular videos
Note: Ads will not appear in the Following tab.
Work with TikTok influencers
One of the most popular ways to promote TikTok videos is through its ever-growing network of influencers, especially when combined with Spark Ads (more about how to promote TikTok videos with Spark Ads is in the section below). You can get in touch with influencers to have them publish a sponsored video using this kind of advertising. Depending on your target and budget, you can work with either nano-influencers with up to 10,000 followers or massively popular creators with millions of followers.
TikTok provides a platform where creators can list themselves for hire. Take a look at TikTok Creator Marketplace for more detail.
Promotion tool and Spark Ads
The Promote tool and Spark Ads both focused on exploiting organic content, which is already published on TikTok and generated by you or other producers.
You can promote these types of videos if you want them to reach more people who are interested in your business.
How to promote TikTok videos for business?
Use the TikTok Promote Tool
You can use the Promote Tool in TikTok to promote your TikTok video in front of more people as it would otherwise. Here are some of the ways you can access the Promote tool:
From your Creator tools:
- In your TikTok app, click Profile in the bottom right of your profile.
- Choose the 3-line icon in the top right of your settings.
- Choose Creator tools, then click Promote.
From your available TikTok videos:
- From that video, tap the icon setting (three-line) on the right.
- Choose Promote.
On a Business Account (from the Business Suite):
- From your profile, tap the 3-line icon in the top right.
- Then tap the Business suite.
- Tap Promote.
Promote your videos
Once inside the Promote tool, you can now set up your Promote video.
- On your Promotions page, tap the video you would like to promote.
Note: Only public videos can be promoted
- Choose an objective for promoting your video, then select Next at the bottom. You can choose from:
- More video views: This will help get more people to watch your video.
- More website visits: This will lead more people to your website.
- More followers: This will help get more people to follow your profile.
- If you choose More website visits, you’ll enter your website URL and choose an action button for your website (for example: Learn More, Shop Now, or Sign Up). Then tap Save.
- Tap the circle next to the audience you’d like to reach, then tap Next. You can choose from the following:
- Automatic: This means TikTok will auto-select the targeted audience for you.
- Custom: You can target the right demographic of your audiences (such as genders, age ranges, and interests) that you’d like to reach.
- Enter your budget and time frame, then choose Next.
- Recharge your coins (iPhone) or Add your payment information (Android).
- Choose Start promotion.
When promoting a TikTok video following this method, you now have the option of targeting one of the following goals:
- Video views
- Website Traffic
After that, you choose your target demographic and budget, and you’re ready to go. Once the promotion is active, you use the included analytics toolkit to keep track of the following data:
- The status of your video (review, active, paused, or rejected).
- The amount you’ve spent and how long the promotion has lasted.
- The number of video views.
- The number of link clicks (in case you want to promote your website).
- The number of engagements, including shares, comments, and likes.
- The percentage of age range and gender.
Does TikTok Promotion work?
While there is considerable doubt regarding sponsored advertising’ efficacy on TikTok, they do achieve results. One of the research by Wyzowl has proven that a promotion video had persuaded 84 percent of TikTok users to purchase a product.
In terms of TikTok promotion examples, businesses that used the proper strategy, such as:
- MetroTap —Through promotional videos, they boosted their visibility on TikTok, and today TikTok accounts for 78 percent of their entire sales.
- Last Entertainment & Events had a 90 percent growth in followers in only six months.
- Strike Gently Co.—Their films were seen by over 100,000 individuals, and they had over 1,000 daily new website hits.
To achieve equal or even greater success, make sure the video you promote on TikTok has good quality and follows what typical TikTok viewers would expect to see.
“Don’t make ads. Make TikToks” isn’t just a term. You must ensure that your ad blends in with the other videos on the For You page. Users will rapidly scroll away if your content stands out as an obvious piece of advertisement.
Besides your content, the duration of your video is also an important factor. Promote longer videos that describe a product’s functioning if people in your niche anticipate them. Otherwise, presenting a 3-minute video to someone who only wants to watch 15-second material is pointless.
Promote TikTok Videos using Spark Ads
Spark Ads is a one-of-a-kind ad style that allows you to promote videos created by other creators. They appear in users’ For You feeds but have a more natural feel than the typical in-feed adverts.
The idea behind Spark Ads is that you would want to promote videos created by other TikTok creators in order to broaden your audience and boost your product image organically.
You may get incredible results when you combine Spark Ads with influencer marketing. It will appear on the influencer’s feed and boost your video about your brand or your product to reach more audiences than usual. Moreover, due to the influencer showing up in that video, the content will be trusted as a reliable source.
Main advantages of Spark Ads
- Authenticity – Spark Ads have a 100 percent native feed structure, which means that all functions are the same as they are in a regular post (for example, clicking on the profile photo takes you to the creator’s profile, not a company’s website).
- Long-term marketing impact – All videos and interactions generated by the promotion will be attributed to the organic video, and you should expect increased watching numbers in the future.
- Improved ad performance – Spark Ads, according to TikTok, may have a 30% higher conversion rate and a 142% greater engagement rate than ordinary ads.
More reporting data – A Spark Ad’s native feed style allows you to track various metrics, including paid clicks, likes, shares, comments, and so on.
How to promote TikTok videos using Spark Ads (Step by step)
The first step is to obtain permission from the creator. While the number of views and interactions will count towards the original video, creators will not receive any monetary credit through the Creator Fund. Still, increasing engagement will benefit creators above all else in the long term, so getting them to agree shouldn’t be that difficult.
The creator must go to the video in question, go to Ad settings, activate Ad authorization, and provide the generated code to grant your authorization.
Once you’ve got it, you’ll need to do the following:
- In TikTok Ads Manager, create a campaign.
- Choose Spark Ads format.
- Select Posts from Library under Upload creatives.
- Copy the generated code.
- Add a call to action and a landing page if you want to.
- Select Submit.
The effective way to promote TikTok videos and grow your business
If you want to see any results from your TikTok marketing efforts, you’ll need to design a unique campaign that is geared towards this platform and its users – simply copying and pasting your strategy from other platforms won’t work. Here’s the checklist for you should be going through:
- Determining the targeted audiences
- Developing a content strategy
- Creating videos that TikTok users will like
- Engaging with your audience
- Monitoring your ad campaigns
- Promoting your own or other creator’s videos
Social media managers must also keep up with the newest trends to ensure they’re prepared to publish relatable content and review analytics to see how the campaign is performing. When you combine all of that, they’ll have a lot on their plate—not to mention Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and other social media accounts to manage.
Creating TikTok videos and ads may seem simple and entertaining initially, but relying solely on a basic method may waste time and money. You’ll need the support of a specialist social media agency if you want to succeed on TikTok as a business.
Optimize your ad and budget with Mega Digital
Mega Digital – a TikTok-partnered marketing agency, has years of expertise in creating effective TikTok ad campaigns that have helped businesses expand quickly and significantly.
With a professional team that includes social media strategists, analysts, video producers, graphic designers, sound engineers, and other specialists, we are confident and dedicated to delivering the greatest social media content and tactics.
Our approach to paid advertising and video promotion ensures that you get the most bang for your buck — we’ll design a completely optimized campaign and monitor statistics to fine-tune every detail as needed.
Our ability to promote videos effectively isn’t the only thing we’ve accomplished. When you cooperate with us, all you have to do is tell us what you want to achieve on TikTok, and we’ll take care of the rest. We can:
- Create a comprehensive plan for boosting your visibility on this platform.
- Try out different videos to observe how your audience reacts to different types of content.
- Produce high-quality TikToks that are posted in line with a detailed and well-thought-out content calendar.
- Connect with influencers for sponsored videos.
- Set up independent paid ad campaigns to promote videos.
- Constantly monitor analytics to verify that everything is running well.
Want to discover more about how we manage TikTok advertising and get free advice to promote TikTok videos and your campaigns? Connect with Mega Digital’s experts by clicking the button below.