Google app install campaigns direct users to your app’s listing on either Google Play or the Apple App Store. These ads can appear on Google Search and Display Networks, as well as on YouTube. Our expert team will help you run effective ad campaigns to promote your app, from selecting the right strategies to achieving impressive results.
Table of Contents
What is app install campaign in Google Ads?
Google app install ads let people install your app directly from the ad. These ads may change a bit depending on where they appear to give users a great experience no matter when or where they see them. Google does this to ensure the ads work well and provide users with a positive experience.
App Campaigns for Installs (ACi) will display these ads until the user successfully completes the desired download action the campaign is designed for.
How Google app install ads works
To maximize the benefits of each download, Google app campaigns automatically handles targeting and bidding for you. You have the option to optimize your campaign’s targeting to concentrate on finding valuable users who perform actions you consider important, such as in-app conversions.
- On the Search and Display Networks
- On Google Play
- On the Display Network
- On Google Discover
Specs for Google app install ads
Here are some common Google app install ads specs you should keep in mind.
- Minimum of 2 headlines and 1 description.
- End each text asset with punctuation (see policy guidelines).
- Keep headlines and descriptions within the character limit.
- Ensure each text asset has a clear value proposition.
- Avoid repeating messages; make each asset unique.
The allowed image sizes (in pixels) are:
- 320 x 50
- 320 x 480
- 480 x 320
- 300 x 250
- 1200 x 628
The difference in image aspect ratios should not exceed 1%. The maximum file size permitted is 1MB, and the images should not contain any text, except for logos.
- Maximum of 20 videos
- Each video must be provided as a full YouTube URL
- Videos should have a minimum duration of 10 seconds.
- You can upload as many videos as possible, up to a maximum of 20 per ad group.
How to create an app install campaign (steps by steps)
Step 1: Login to your Google Ads account
- The first thing you need to do is logging in to your Google Ads account.
- Then, click the “+” icon.
Step 2: Select new campaign
- Click “New campaign”.
- At the right side, you will find the universal app button, click on it.
- After that, pick the app platform which you have developed your app. Choose between Android and IOS.
Step 3: Pick your app
- From the drop-down menu, search for your app and select it.
- Click “continue”, then give a name for your campaign.
- Fill in the text idea. You can preview the ads.
Step 4: Choose location and language
- Target your preferred location.
- Select language.
Step 5: Set budget and bidding
Remember, the bidding is the average amount you’ll pay for each campaign. In the final step, choose a run date and click confirm.
That’s how to set up a compelling Google Ads for app installs campaign. If you prefer a hands-on approach, you can do it yourself, or if you want hassle-free results, consider Mega Digital’s Google advertising service – we’ll run the ads for you and ensure optimal performance and visibility for your app.
Google app install campaigns best practices
Optimize your assets
To attract users effectively, use various assets in your campaign. This way, you can see what appeals to them the most and helps Google show your ads on more platforms.
- Video: Choose a diverse selection in length and orientation, and include clear calls to action. Showing your app in action can boost user engagement and conversions.
- Image: Go for impactful and high-quality visuals in popular sizes to catch users’ attention.
- Text: Remember to vary your text while keeping it clear and concise. Avoid frequent changes to let the AI optimize over time.
To organize, group themes separately for insights on what works best with different users.
Ensure assets make sense individually and combined, as Google may display them in different combinations.
Choose the right bidding strategy
When choosing an objective for your ad campaign, you have two main options:
- Cost per Install (CPI):
Select this if you focus on generating app installs from app campaigns. You can bid a specific amount you’re willing to pay for each installation.
- Cost Per Action (CPA):
This means deciding how much money you want to pay whenever someone does a particular action in your app. You can select from various post-install actions like app launch, registration, or purchasing specific items.
At Mega Digital, we’re Google Ads experts who have helped many customers run app install campaigns successfully. With our experience, we know the best strategies to choose for each client’s needs. The results we achieve are really good, almost as good as the industry benchmarks ($0.93 in average mobile app CPI). Let’s work together and achieve great success with your app install campaign!
Track campaign performance
Having a minimum of 100 conversions is ideal as it provides enough data to assess your cost per conversion and make informed decisions for your next actions. To increase conversions, you can consider raising your target bid and budget. Alternatively, you may opt to decrease your bid to improve your return on investment (ROI).
According to our experience, after setting up your campaign, it may take about a week for the Google algorithm to thoroughly analyze your ad’s performance and suggest improvements to enhance the campaign.
Pros and Cons of App Install Campaign
Pros of Google Ads App Install Campaign:
- Targeted Reach: Reach specific audiences based on demographics, interests, behaviors, and more, ensuring your ads are seen by potential interested users.
- Easy Setup: User-friendly interface for setting up app install campaigns, making it simple for advertisers to start.
- Tracking and Analytics: Detailed tracking and analytics for monitoring campaign performance and making data-driven optimizations.
- Cost Control: Set a budget to manage spending and avoid overspending.
- Multiple Ad Formats: Use various ad formats (text, image, video) for engaging and compelling ads.
Cons of Google Ads App Install Campaign:
- Cost Per Install: Acquiring new users can be expensive, impacting overall return on investment.
- Ad Fatigue: Frequent exposure to ads may lead to user ad fatigue and reduced engagement.
- Limited Ad Space: Limited screen space makes it challenging to stand out among competing apps.
- App Retention: Initial installs don’t guarantee long-term user retention; a retention strategy is necessary.
- Ad Blocking: Some users with ad blockers may not see your app install ads.
These powerful Google app install campaigns are designed to drive app installations and boost visibility on both Google Play and the Apple App Store. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to scale your app’s growth and expand your user base. Join us on this exciting journey!